Congratulations on scoring one of the coveted spots at the 2020 Canyon Belgian Waffle Ride. The fact that you would even want to tackle an event like this means you probably have a couple screws loose. We're going to get along just fine.
As a participant in the 2020 Belgian Waffle Ride, you get three months of The Sufferfest Training System absolutely free.
That's not all. You also get access to free 12-week training plans designed by the elite coaches at The Sufferfest Sports Science Division in partnership with 2019 winner, Peter Stetina, to prepare you specifically for the event. The plan starts on February 9th and take you all the way up to the start line. It includes some of Peter's favorite workouts—including his "Touchstone" session a week out from the race—as well as targeted sessions from The Sufferfest library.
To get your body and mind ready for anything the course can dish out, the plan also includes optional yoga for cyclists sessions and our 10-week mental toughness program. The competition doesn't have a chance.
Here's how it works:
- Download The Sufferfest Training System for iOS, macOS or Windows.
- Create your account to start your 14-day free trial.
- Use promo code SUFBWR90 when you add a monthly subscription to get three months of The Sufferfest FREE. (Note: You'll have to add payment information for the code to activate but you won't be charged if you cancel before the end of the 90-day promotional period.)
- Log in to The Sufferfest and go to the Training Plans tab.
- We recommend doing the 7-day Full Frontal Prep Plan (which you can find under the Special Focus section of the training plans) and completing the Full Frontal fitness test to get your complete 4DP profile before starting the BWR Plan.
- Select the Peter Stetina BWR Plan (found in Training Plans under the Gravel section) and apply it to your calendar. The plan starts on 9 February so make sure you apply it before then. For detailed instructions on how to select and apply a plan in The Sufferfest app, check out these how-to videos for macOS / Windows or iOS.
Questions? Check out our Help Center or email us at email@example.com
The Sufferfest: One App. Everything You Need to Get #MoreThanFaster.
Whether you have your sights set on the top step of the podium or a personal best, The Sufferfest will get you there. With a huge library of structured workouts designed by elite coaches, connection to devices and smart trainers, activity archive, achievement tracking, yoga, mental training, strength training, and instant sharing to Strava, TrainingPeaks, Final Surge, and Today's Plan, it’s the only training app you need.
FTP isn't enough. Train like the pros with 4DP™
Training apps that just use a simple Functional Threshold Power (FTP) test to set power targets don't know what you're truly capable of. That means workouts that aren't as effective as they should be. The Sufferfest created Four-Dimensional Power™ to reveal your complete power profile and ensure that every power target in every workout is tailored to your unique physiology. You’ll work at the exact intensity necessary to get stronger, faster, and more powerful, without wasting a single pedal stroke.
ANALYZE AND SHARE YOUR DATA
All of your activities are recorded in your Passport, allowing you to analyse your performance and keep track of your progress. Instantly upload your activities to Strava, Garmin Connect, TrainingPeaks, Today's Plan and Final Surge to inspire the world with your Suffering.
Yoga, Mental Toughness, and Strength Training for Cyclists
You're going to need all of the physical and mental strength you can muster to make it through 10+ hours on the bike in grueling conditions. We have your back.
Thirty-six Yoga for Cyclists videos will help improve your strength, enhance your flexibility, and speed recovery. You'll also be able to build your mental toughness with a 10-week Mental Training Program of 20 audio modules and associated exercises. Once you finish the event and are sufficiently recovered, check out our Strength Training for Cyclists program. We'll help you build functional strength that directly improves your performance on the bike.