Save the Date! The 2020 Tour of Sufferlandria is happening 15-23 February
Mark your calendars. The eighth edition of the Tour of Sufferlandria is happening 15-23 February 2020.
What is the The Tour of Sufferlandria?
Recognised as the Greatest Grand Tour of a Mythical Nation in the World, the Tour of Sufferlandria is nine days of stages showcasing the harsh beauty of that tortured country on the shores of the Great Lactic Acid Sea. More than that, it's also our annual fundraiser to benefit the Davis Phinney Foundation and their programmes to help those affected by Parkinson's Disease. Last year we raised $200,000. This year we've set a fundraising target of $250,000. We can make it, but we need your help.
HOW IT WORKS
On 15 January we'll announce the official route of the 2020 Tour. You register by signing up and donating at least $10 to the Davis Phinney Foundation (registration link coming soon).
- For every $10 USD you donate or fundraise, you earn one chance in our killer prize pool (so if you donate, say, $100, you earn 10 chances in our prize pool). Even better: Start a fundraising page and ask your friends to donate to your cause. Each $10 you raise also earns you a chance to win.
- Ride the video(s) for each stage of the Tour on the day specified, either in the relative discomfort of your own home or in a group at one of our Officially Licensed Embassies.
- Once it's over, you will have accomplished something truly incredible. HONOR, GLORY and VICTORY will be yours.
- One week after the ToS, we take all the donations and randomly select winners for the prize pool.
Want to be a part of the community? Join the Tour of Sufferlandria Facebook Page. It's the Official Race Village where challenges are made, tales of glory are shared, and prizes are lusted after. Not required, but totally worth it.
Start the Tour of Sufferlandria Prep Training Plan
With the launch of our new in-app training plans and calendar features, getting ready to crush the Tour has never been easier. Mac Cassin, head cycling physiologist at the SUF sports science division, has created a 7-week training plan to get your body and mind ready for nine straight days of brutal racing. The plan starts on 30 December and takes you up to the start of the Tour.
Here's how to get the plan:
- Log in to The Sufferfest app and click on 'Training Plans'.
- Navigate to the menu of Training Plans and click on 'Tour of Sufferlandria'.
- Click on 'Prep Plan' and choose your options. The level of the plan corresponds to the weekly training volume, with Novice requiring 3-7 hours a week and Advanced requiring 5-8 hours a week. Add mental toughness (you'll need it), yoga, and strength for truly comprehensive training.
- Once the route is announced on 15 January, we'll release an additional plan that has all of the Tour stages so you can do the designated workouts on the correct days.
See you at the start line!