New App is Here, Featuring Expanded Bluetooth Smart Trainer Control and More!
The best training app just keeps getting better. The latest release of The Sufferfest Training System is now available, bringing a SUF-load of bug fixes, improvements and new features, including:
Better performance and stability
Expanded support for Bluetooth smart trainer control
Easier navigation of the video list
Instant upload of activities to Today's Plan and Final Surge
Tacx, Elite, and JetBlack Owners Rejoice!
Last month we announced the release of Bluetooth smart trainer control for iOS and macOS. The latest version of the app (5.4) expands the list of supported smart trainers that the app can control over Bluetooth 4.0 to include all Elite smart trainers, Tacx smart trainers, and the JetBlack WhisperDrive Smart. For a complete list of supported trainers, check out our Help Centre.
New Video List! Less Time Searching, More Time Suffering
We're constantly looking for ways to improve how you navigate and interact with the app. The new video list allows you to easily toggle between Cycling, Mental Training, Yoga, and Running videos through an expandable menu.
1. Click on the icon at the top left of the Videos list to view additional video categories:
2. Click on an icon to view all of the videos in that category
3. Click the Filter icon in the center to filter by download status or 4DP focus (NM, MAP, AC, or FTP). The more stars for a given 4DP metric, the more effective the workout is for building that aspect of your fitness.
4. Click on the Sort icon on the right to sort alphabetically or by duration. For Cycling videos you can also sort by IF or TSS.
Manage Your Training and Track Your Activities With Instant Sync to Today's Plan or Final Surge
Today's Plan and Final Surge join platforms like TrainingPeaks that allow you to manage training plans, track your workouts, and analyze your performance data. The latest version of The Sufferfest allows you to sync your Today's Plan or Final Surge account with the app, allowing you to instantly upload your Sufferfest activities to those platforms when you save them. Both Today's Plan and Final Surge are free for athletes.
1. Click on 'Settings' and scroll down to the 'Link Services' section.
2. Tap on the slider next to the platform you want to sync with. You'll be asked to log in to your account to authorize access.
To disable the sync feature, tap on the slider again and confirm.
Have questions about the new features of the app? Visit our Help Centre or email firstname.lastname@example.org