How to Update to The New Sufferfest Training System
On July 10th we released the newest version of The Sufferfest Training System for macOS, iOS, and Windows. With all the excitement around the new version, we forgot to tell you exactly how to update your app. And, because of the significant changes, things are a *little* complicated.
FOR mac-OS USERS
The current version of the app (3.8) will not 'auto-update.' You need to do it manually. Here is what to do:
- Download the new app (version 4.0) from here (macOS 4.0 Download Link) and move it into your Applications folder.
- Click and install the app, which is now called 'The Sufferfest Training System.'
- Move the old version of your app (The Sufferfest Training Centre) to the trash.
- You will have to download your favourite videos again. Apologies - it was unavoidable with this update.
- If you have been using Bluetooth control with a Wahoo KICKR or KICKR Snap, you'll have to switch to ANT+ FE-C (Not sure what that is? Read this). We'll bring Bluetooth control back with our next update in a couple of months.
Want to find out more about what's in the new app? Here are all the details.
FOR WINDOWS USERS
A few users reported an issue with the new version of the Windows app. Specifically, desktop shortcuts that didn't work and downloaded videos disappearing. Our fault. Sorry. (You should have seen the flogging station this morning...there was a queue of minions there stretching around the block). If you're experiencing either of these issues, follow these steps:
- Open your app (version 4.0) and it should update to version 4.0.1. (You can see your version number in Help > About The Sufferfest Training System.)
- If you can't open the app because your desktop shortcut isn't working, go to the next step.
- Click or double click on the icon and then select Browse. That will take you to the App directory.
4. Select the folder app-4.0.0. Open that folder to find the App executable file.
5. Find the Application that says "The Sufferfest Training System". Create a shortcut of that file and then drag it to your desktop.
At this point, you should be able to open version 4.0.0 and then go to the top menu, select "Help" and then "Check For Updates". This will install version 4.0.1 which will get your downloads and your shortcut on the desktop.
If your desktop shortcut link is giving you an error, we will need to redirect that shortcut. Right Click/Two Click it to bring up the icon menu, then select properties. From there we want to redirect the shortcut link to C:\Users\*YOUR USERNAME*\AppData\Local\Sufferfest\app-4.0.1\sufferfest.exe Make sure you put your own computer username in.
Once you have 4.0.1 installed, you should see all the videos you had previously downloaded.
If the auto updater doesn't install version 4.0.1 when you launch the app, you can download the installer directly from here:
STILL HAVING ISSUES?
We're here to help. Email The Minions and we'll get you sorted.