The Sufferfest Training Plans Now Available Free Through Final Surge
To give you more ways to manage your training and analyze your performance data, we've partnered with Final Surge to offer our full library of training plans for free. You can now load one of The Sufferfest plans into your Final Surge calendar, receive upcoming workout alerts via email or the Final Surge companion app for iOS and Android, and view and analyze your workout data when you share it from The Sufferfest to Final Surge. Athlete accounts with Final Surge are 100% free.
Starting Your Sufferfest Training Plan In Final Surge
1. Create your free account with Final Surge here.
2. View our full library of training plans.
3. Select the plan you want by clicking on the 'Final Surge' link.
4. Scroll down and click "Get This Plan"
5. To apply a training plan to your calendar, click the "Apply Plan" icon to the right of the plan you want to use. Once you click the icon, you will be able to choose the starting or ending date of the plan.
6. Select the start or end date for your plan and click "Continue".
7. Click "Confirm and Apply" to apply the plan.
8. To change the start / end date or to remove a plan, click on the "Plan History" button at the top right.
Adding Yoga or Mental Training to Your Plan
1. Apply your main plan (see steps above).
2. Navigate in your calendar to the first day of the plan. You'll see two non-cycling activities: "Other: Train Your Brain / Add Mental Training" and "Cross-Training: Add Yoga"
3. Click on the activity to view the details. When you click on the "Cross Training: Add Yoga" activity you'll see a link to the different levels of yoga you can apply to the plan.
4. Click "Get Plan" for the yoga plan you want. Apply it to your main plan by clicking the "Apply Plan" icon to the right of the description and choosing a date to start. To ensure all your activities are synced, this should be the same start date as your main plan.
5. To add mental training, click on the activity labeled "Other: Train Your Brain / Add Mental Training".
6. Click on the link to view the Mental Training plans.
7. Click "Get Plan" for the mental training plan that corresponds to the length of your main plan. Apply it to your main plan by clicking the "Apply Plan" icon to the right of the description and choosing a date to start. To ensure all your activities are synced, this should be the same start date as your main plan.
Importing Your Workout History into Final Surge from TrainingPeaks
Final Surge makes it easy to import your workout data from TrainingPeaks so you can analyze and relive your Suffering. For detailed instructions, check out this step-by-step guide.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Need help with Final Surge? Check out the Final Surge YouTube Channel for dozens of how-to videos.